What happens to LED bulbs at high temperatures for a long time?

LED light bulbs better than more energy efficient than CFL
2018年9月26日
Show all

What happens to LED bulbs at high temperatures for a long time?

What happens to LED bulbs at high temperatures for a long time? Will LED bulbs be as hot as incandescent bulbs?

Many consumers think that LED bulbs are cold light sources will not be as hot as incandescent bulbs, in fact, this is wrong.

LED bulbs will still generate heat, the reason for the LED bulbs added to the electric energy has not been completely converted to light, part of the conversion of heat, basically After the electricity is switched on, only the electrical energy of 20%-30% is converted into light, and the other 70% is converted into heat energy.

LED Flame Light Bulbs

LED bulbs lamp

If the heat dissipation of the LED bulbs is not good, it will make the junction temperature of the LED chip rise rapidly.

If the LED bulbs are at high temperature for a long time, it will shorten the life of the LED bulbs.

From the pre-encapsulation and encapsulation, the heat dissipation of the LED chip and the heat dissipation of LED bulbs are considered.

The heat dissipation of LED chips is mainly related to the choice of substrate and circuit. The heat dissipation of LED bulbs is actually two parts: heat conduction and heat dissipation.

What happens to LED bulbs at high temperatures for a long time?

LED bulbs lamp example

Different LED bulb lamps, according to customer needs and costs, using different thermally conductive materials.

The general LED bulb lamp manufacturers mainly have the following several kinds of thermal conductors:

Aluminum fins: This is the most common form of heat dissipation, with aluminum fins as part of the shell to increase the area of heat dissipation.

Like the LED ceiling lamp used to be in the form of sunflower, the more advanced technology for the knife-shaped radiator, like our factory LED bulb lamp manufacturers are using the knife-shaped radiator.

Thermal conductive plastic shell: filling the plastic shell with thermally conductive materials to increase the thermal conductivity and heat dissipation capacity of the plastic shell.

But the heat dissipation of the plastic shell is relatively poor compared with the aluminum shell radiator.

Aerodynamics: Convective air is produced from the shell of a lamp, which is the lowest cost way to enhance heat dissipation.

Heat Conduction Tube: The use of heat conduction tube technology, the heat from the LED chip into the shell of the heat fin, like a street lamp is generally used in this design.

Surface radiation heat dissipation treatment is to apply radiation heat dissipation coating on the surface, the heat radiation way away from the lamp shell surface, in order to achieve the effect of heat dissipation.

What happens to LED bulbs at high temperatures for a long time?

The above is what happens when LED bulbs are at high temperature for a long time.

For more information, please pay attention to the official website 360bulb.com.